DeWalt DWE7480 Table Saw Review
The table saw is a useful and versatile tool to have in the workshop. You can cut stock with accuracy and ease using this power tool. In general, table saws tend to be large and require a large workspace. But if you have a small workshop, a large table saw might not be a good option. If you still need the versatility and power of a table saw, the DeWalt DWE7480 is a compact and performing model to consider.
Throughout this review, we are going to go through the details of this compact table saw. Hopefully, you should be able to decide better is this tool is worth the money or not.
If you want to buy a table saw, here are some reviews that I recommend for you to read such as DeWalt DWE7491RS, Bosch 4100-09, DeWalt DW745, Skil 3410-02, Hitachi C10FL.
DeWalt DWE7480 Table Saw Review
#1. Technical Features
The blade is an important feature of a table saw. The DeWalt DW7480 table saw has a small 10” blade with an enhanced 24-tooth carbide-tipped design. It will cut through material quite quickly and drastically help limit the formation of splinters. Especially when working with soft wood like plywood.
There is a generous rip space of 24-1/2 inches which is excellent for working with larger projects like shelving. Indeed, the small and compact form factor of the DW7480 does not limit its ability to tackle larger projects.
Furthermore, the blade angle can be adjusted from 0 to 45-degree to make this table saw perform common miter and bevel cuts in stock. The depth of cut is quite decent, with a 3-1/8 inches at 90-degree and 2-1/4 inches at 45-degree. It is deep enough for most commercial stock and common carpentry bevel cuts. Even professional carpenters will not be limited in any way with this blade.
Motor & Speed
Under the hood of the DeWalt DW7480 miter saw lies a sporty 15-Amp inductive motor. It is powerful and will send a constant torque to the 10-inch blades without stalling. Even when used on a fairly tough stock like hardwood. Additionally, the 15-Amp motor allows the blade to turn at 4,800 RPM. This fast blade rotation guarantees a smooth and clean cut in material.
To further help the work area remain clean, this unit has a dust extraction port of 2-1/2 inches in diameter. It is a standard size and will easily fit in an average dust extraction system.
To help make it a safer table saw, DeWalt includes a riving knife and a transparent blade guard. The blade guard helps protect both your fingers from the blade and the riving knife prevent kickbacks. The power switch is right at the front of the table saw, allowing you to quickly switch this tool off in the case of an emergency. Best, you can key-lock the power switch and prevent unauthorized use.
#2. Other Features
- Rack and Pinion Metal Fence: The metal fence in this unit is easy to adjust. It uses a rack and pinion system called Site-Pro that is known for its accuracy and stability. It will not go anywhere when locked in position.
- Extendable Wing: You can quickly and easily extend the wing arm of this table to allow it to accommodate larger pieces of stock, of up to 24 inches in width.
- Transparent Riving Knife: The riving knife helps prevent kickbacks and is an important security feature on a table saw. Since it is see-through, you can also easily see the blade motion in action and be more accurate with the blade adjustments.
- Metal Roll Cage: The metal roll cage in this unit is made from a metal construction and sits flush to the ground. It is durable and provides a stable base for the table saw. In turn, you can more accuracy when working on this table saw.
- Angle Adjustment Wheel: The wheel at the front of the unit allows you to quickly and easily adjust the angle anywhere from 0 to 45-degree. It can be locked in position and the wheel is smooth and extremely accurate. There is a red indicator pointer that shows you the current bevel adjustment which is quite handy.
Out of the box, you get a few accessories delivered. You get the 10-inch blade, a miter saw, 1 x gauge and a blade guard. It is quite basic but will allow you to get started working with the table saw right away.
The price is an attractive feature of the DeWalt DWE7480. It is almost the same in terms of performance and usability as the DeWalt DWE7491RS but at a much more attractive price. Additionally, for a little extra, you have the possibility to purchase this unit with a metal table stand.
All in all, we like the price and think that it is quite reasonable. Especially when taking into account that it is a compact table saw that still allows you to work with larger projects.
#5. Expert Reviews
Scott from YouTube channel Scott’s Place made an excellent review of the DeWalt DWE7480. His analysis is simple to understand, and he takes his time to make an overview of every feature of this tool.
We note how easy it is to adjust the rack and pinion fence system from his review. The same goes for the angle adjustment wheel. Scott notes how accurate the fence is in this unit. He says that in the past he had difficulties with the fence not aligning. But not in this model. It was “dead on”, to quote his own words.
He goes into detail about how to adjust the fence in this unit and shows us how by unscrewing 2 screws that hold the fence in position. Those 2 screw sets allow you to work with different materials of various sizes, ranging from 0 – 20 inches and 0 – 25 inches plywood. He explains quite clearly how to do this.
Finally, he likes the fact that this table saw is compact and small. Scotts says that the DWE7480 is more precise thanks to the gear system and is even better than the Bosch table saw he was originally planning to buy.
- Compact and small. Will easily fit in a small work area.
- Large rip size allows you to work with larger projects of up to 24 inches.
- Powerful 15-Amp motor. Will cut material smoothly and easily with a 4,800 RPM spinning blade.
- It is easy to adjust the blade angle from 0-degree anywhere to 45-degree.
- Accurate rack and pinion fence system. Easy to change and it locks in position automatically.
- Ability to purchase with a metal table stand.
- Small in-feed length of only 4.5 inches. Aligning material at first can be hard.
- Lack of back wheels.
Who Should Buy?
The DeWalt DWE7480 is not for everybody. It is quite small and has a small in-feed length. However, it has an attractive price and overall, it is a decent performer. We recommend this table saw to experienced homeowners who already know how to operate a table saw and do not have a large.