Remington RM1025SPS Electric Pole Saw Review
It is not easy to find a good and performing pole saw at an affordable price. The Remington RM1025SPS is a popular pole saw that is used by both homeowners and professionals on the job. If you're researching for information on this pole saw, then you have undoubtedly come across many websites recommending this product. Here, we will show you whether it is a good buy or not with our detailed Remington RM1025SPS pole saw review. This should help you decide or guide you in a better direction so that you can get a better pole saw for the money.
Remington RM1025SPS Electric Pole Saw Review
#1. Technical Feature
The best way we can describe this Remington electric pole saw is that it is a mid-range electric pole saw. Do not get us wrong, it is not underpowered but being rated at 8 Amps, we think that this pole saw is mostly suited for general-purpose trimming and branch cutting. It can still manage to cut fairly large lumber, but not recommended to be used on hardwood since it can cause a stall. Bottom, the power is decent as long as this model is used for trimming branches and cutting softwood, whether it is green or dry.
The guide bar in this unit is a 2-in-1 detachable pole that makes it easy to work with both tall and short trimming. It contains a flip and lock clamp system that makes adjusting the length fast and easy. Additionally, the small size makes this model ideal for small limb trimming on bushes and short trees.
The guide bar is made entirely out of fiberglass, which is both lightweight and durable. This guarantees that you can apply some force to this pole saw and it will not break or bend easily. Moreover, the handle is coated with a soft rubber material making it comfortable to hold. It also has an additional function, and that is making it anti-slip. Indeed, you can use this pole saw in wet conditions, and even under the rain without any problem.
#2. User Friendliness
The beauty of the Remington RM1025SPS is that it is a 2-piece system that can allow you to work on both small and tall areas. At its smallest, this unit measures 10 feet with a 10-inch bar and chain. However, when needed, it can quickly and easily be extended up to a 15 feet overhead range. This is more than enough for reaching those two and hard to reach areas for pruning or trimming.
Read More: 10 Best Pruning Saws
The handles are equally comfortable, with a soft layer of rubber coating it. This makes it easier to hold for longer periods. It also helps diminish or prevent hand fatigue in the long term. This is a feature that many will come to appreciate, especially for those who use this pole saw for longer than average use.
Additionally, the chain in this model can quickly and easily be detached from the pole bar for replacement or maintenance. And you will not require any tools to do this. Sweet!
When operating Remington RM1025SPS pole saw, we cannot omit safety. After all, it can be a dangerous tool if mishandled. The chain and bar in this pole saw have been designed specifically to prevent kickback. Kickback is a big problem in pole saws, and Remington’s newly designed chain and bar system do a good job limiting this issue. All in all, you will have no safety issues with this pole saw, even if you are a beginner.
#4. Other Features
- Removable Chain Bar – One of the things we like the most about this model is that you can remove the chain bar entirely from the pole and operate it like a chainsaw tool. This is very convenient, especially considering that this Remington ranger pole saw can cut logs as big as 20-inch in diameter.
- Hand Guard and Handle – This model has a hand guard for protecting the user from kickbacks. This hand guard is very handy, especially when this pole saw is removed from the pole and used exclusively as a chainsaw as it retrofits as a handle.
- Front Electric Outlet – The electric cable is located at the front of the pole saw. The ensures that it does not get in the way for more maneuverability.
The price is the most interesting aspect of the Remington RM1025SPS. It is affordable and competitively priced. It does not have the greatest versatility or build construction, mind you, but at this price, it is next to impossible to find a better pole saw for the money.
- Design – 2-in-1 pole system. The size can be adjusted based on the task you have at hand
- Versatility – The chain bar can be removed from the pole in a way that makes it work like a real chainsaw
- Construction – Pole is made from Fiberglass construction, which is sturdy, durable and lightweight
- Length Adjustment – Length can quickly and easily be adjusted with the click and lock system. It has a maximum reach of 15 feet, which is quite long
- Anti-Slip – Handle is anti-slip and comfortable to hold for long periods
- The motor is only 8 Amps. It is not the most powerful, but still sufficient for trimming small branches and can even be used for cutting softwood of up to 20-inch.
#7. Who Should Buy?
The Remington RM1025SPS is an affordable pole saw solution. It comes at a price that does not break the bank and has a proper pole bar length. We recommend this model to homeowners who are on a tight budget. It can be used as a trimmer and pruner on tall and small branches.
Moreover, it can equally be used for occasional cutting power tool on soft lumber that is no bigger than 20-inch in diameter. Additionally, professionals can still go ahead and use this pole saw. But do not expect too much out of it due to its lower rated motor, especially for heavy-duty applications. All in all, it is a versatile and dependable pole saw that gets the job done, despite its small motor.
Last Updated on January 19, 2019 by Tom Bradly