Makita JR3070CT Reciprocating Saw Review
Over the past years, Makita brand has built a good reputation on designing reciprocating saws. Makita JR3070CT Reciprocating Saw is easy to use and features many user-friendly features. But does this reciprocating saw suit your workshop needs? Stay tuned. In this review, we are going to find out whether this tool is suited for your particular needs. Here are some of the most important aspects you need to grasp about Makita JR3070CT.
Table of Contents
Makita JR3070CT Reciprocating Saw Review
#1. Technical Features
This reciprocating saw has a variable speed dial with 6 different preset speeds that enable you to match this tool’s speed to your specific application. This tool features an electronic speed control that enables it to retain steady speed while cutting. With constant speed, you don’t have to worry that its blade will blog down mid-cut of any material.
Makita has further eliminated one of the problems that plague many users of reciprocating saws – vibrations. This model features AVT (Anti-Vibrations Technology), which is Makita’s exclusive and innovative counterbalance system that minimizes vibrations for enhanced cutting power. This not only ensures the reduction of vibrations, but it also reduces noise.
The tool being powered by a 15-Amp motor, a voltage of 120 volts and wattage of 1510 watts, Makita JR3070CT is undoubtedly a powerful tool. It is modified for a wide range of applications including wood cutting, metal cutting, remodeling, demolition, plastic, drywall and plaster. With its long 1-1/4-inch stroke, it effortlessly cuts through such materials, almost in the same manner that a hot knife cuts through butter. At a speed of 0-2,800 strokes per minute, you can expect this tool to get all your work done in record time.
This tool also comes with a 4-way adjustable blade that is super easy to change. With just one hand, you can fix a blade in and out. All you need to do is to twist the collar to eject a blade and then insert a new blade. A newly inserted blade will lock automatically.
- Ergonomic Design- This tool spots a very good construction and design that not only offers good grip, but also makes it easy to operate. This is because its buttons and switches are easily accessible. Its design is also versatile, making it ideal for a variety of applications
- 6 pre-set Speed- Availability of 6 different preset speeds is another aspect that gives you the liberty to choose the most ideal speed that is sufficient to hack through whatever it is you intend to cut. The fact that JR3070CT comes with an electronic speed control also ensures that you get consistent speed while cutting.
- Easily Changeable Blade-The tool’s blade can be easily changed and this is very helpful to the user. Adjusting its shoe is basically a one-hand operation because no levers are required. One button releases the shoe while another locks it.
- Safety- A tool cannot be said to be 100% user-friendly if it is not safe to use. As far as safety is concerned, Makita JR3070CT is a very safe reciprocating saw to use. With fewer vibrations and constant speed, the user get’s better control of the tool. Its ergonomic design also allows for a good grip, thus ensures that operating the tool is flawless. This prevents the user from losing control of the tool when cutting through tough materials that require more power or high speeds.
Makita used a sturdy metal case and strong blade to ensure that you have a reciprocating saw that is not only super efficient, but durable as well. What’s more is that this tool features a unique clutch system that safeguards the gears should the blade bind. This ultimately extends the tool’s life and gives it the stability it needs to cut through materials.
Just like all the other Makita tools, the JR3070CT is warranted to be devoid of defects from workmanship and materials for the duration of 1 year from the date of purchase. However, in case any hitch occurs during this warranty period, you are allowed to return your saw for repair or replacement at no extra charge.
Its price is on a slightly higher range but you don’t have to break the bank to afford it. Because it comes with an attractive warranty package, it becomes worthy of every dollar you spent on it. Compared to other tools with similar capabilities and features, this model is slightly more expensive. However, this tool has more efficient power usage compared to other similar reciprocating saws. This means that it will end up saving you more money in the long run.
#5. Expert Reviews
This powerful reciprocating saw has been reviewed by TOOLSTOP on their YouTube channel. Mark highlights several features that he finds noteworthy. The first feature he points out is a variable speed function that enables you to accurately cut through any material you intend to cut. He also mentions about the adjustable pendulum action that allows the blade to move as it cuts through the material.
Mark also acknowledges it’s 2,800 strokes per minute speed. He also notes the ease at which JR3070CT’s blade can be installed and adjusted accordingly. Mark concludes by stating the features he finds to be outstanding, which include the Anti-Vibration Technology, variable speed and pendulum action.
- Powerful motor- It generates up to 15-Amp
- High speed of up to 2,800 strokes per minute
- Variable speed dial with up to 6 preset speeds
- Its stroke length of 1-1/4-inch allows the tool to cut through nearly anything with blazing speed
- Electronic speed control that ensures constant speed
- Anti-Vibrations Technology minimizes vibrations and noise significantly
- Easy to change blade
- Good construction and design allows for a good grip
- Weight: This tool is slightly heavier
- Price: The tool is slightly expensive
- Heat: It emits excess heat
Who Should Buy
Makita JR3070CT is undoubtedly powerful enough to cut through almost anything you subject it to. This is one of the aspects that are not so common in most jigsaws. Its varying speeds and generous stroke length also add to its usefulness, as you can manage to cut different materials. This kind of versatility as well as its ease of use makes this reciprocating saw an ideal option for different groups of people, including road construction workers, general building contractors, artisans doing remodeling work, roofers and metal fabricators. Even though its price is a bit high, this reciprocating saw is by all means a valuable addition.
Last Updated on August 7, 2020 by Tom Bradly