5 Best Pneumatic Staple Guns – Read Our Reviews Before Buy
Pneumatic staple guns are the most powerful staple guns that exist. They require an air compressor to work but deliver the heavy-duty performance and reliability that professionals demand out of their tool.
If you are looking for the best pneumatic stapler money can buy, you have come to the right place. Our hands-on pneumatic stapler gun reviews will help you find a model that will last you for years.
Table of Contents
- Advantages/Disadvantages of Pneumatic Staple Gun
- 5 Best Pneumatic Staple Guns - Reviews
- #1. Hitachi N5021A 15/16 inch Wide Crown Pneumatic Stapler Gun
- #2. Bostitch 651S5 7/16-Inch by 2-Inch Pneumatic Stapler
- #3. Porter-Cable NS150C 1-1/2-Inch 18GA Narrow Crown Stapler Kit
- #4. Hitachi N3804AB3 1/4 inch 18-GA Pneumatic Staple Gun
- #5. DeWalt DWFP12232 18-GA 1-1/2-Inch Narrow Crown Pneumatic Stapler Kit
Advantages/Disadvantages of Pneumatic Staple Gun
As with everything, there are pros and cons to even the best pneumatic staple gun on the market. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Power: Made for heavy-duty stapling on thick and hard material. The pneumatic staple gun is powered by an air compressor that gives it the sheer force it requires to shoot the staples at high-speed.
- Lightweight: The pneumatic staple gun has no need for a complex firing mechanism, therefore it is lighter than other stapler types.
- Affordable: Unlike electric staple guns, this type is cost-effective.
- Versatility: The pneumatic stapler accepts a wider range of fasteners is making it more versatile to work with.
- To operate this air powered staple gun, you will need an air compressor. This can become expensive if you do not already own one.
- A big health hazard in the wrong hands - mostly because of its powerful firing speed.
- Noisier than other stapler types.
5 Best Pneumatic Staple Guns - Reviews
If you do not know where to start, here are some of the best pneumatic stapler for the money.
1. Hitachi N5021A Wide Crown Pneumatic Stapler Gun
5/8 - 2 in
2. Bostitch 651S5 Pneumatic Stapler
1 - 2 in
3. Porter-Cable NS150C Narrow Crown Stapler Kit
1/2 - 1-1/2 in
4. Hitachi N3804AB3 Pneumatic Staple Gun
1/2 - 1-1/2 in
5. DeWalt DWFP12232 Narrow Crown Pneumatic Stapler Kit
1/2 - 1-1/2 in
#1. Hitachi N5021A 15/16 inch Wide Crown Pneumatic Stapler Gun
Editor's Rating: (4.4 / 5)
The Hitachi N5021A is one of the most famous wide crown staplers on the market. The wide crown staples are very versatile and allow you to work with this stapler for a greater variety of stapling tasks, from insulation sheathing to roofing. The generous magazine capacity with 150 staples enables you to work more before reloading. We like this model very much, and it is by far the most “premium-looking” and feature-rich pneumatic stapler in this review.
- Accommodates wide crown staples of 5/8 - 2 inches in length, crown size 15/16 inch.
- Variable depth control: Allows you to make adjustments on the fly so as to adapt to the type of stapling and material you are working on.
- Ergonomic form factor: This stapler can be used for long hours without hand fatigue. The soft elastomer handles also help absorb shock. Furthermore, it is very lightweight at only 2.3 lbs.
- Adjustable exhaust. You can shoot at any angle with it.
- Non-marring tip so as not to damage the material surface.
- 5-year warranty
There is almost nothing bad we can say about this model. It does exactly what it is intended to do.
If you are looking for a high-quality pneumatic stapler that is extremely versatile and allows you to work with a wide variety of 16 gauge staples, this is the model to buy!. It has been voted by many pneumatic stapler review websites as being one of the best pneumatic staple guns on the market.
#2. Bostitch 651S5 7/16-Inch by 2-Inch Pneumatic Stapler
Editor's Rating: (4.4 / 5)
This model from Bostitch is a sheathing pneumatic stapler and one of the fastest shooters in the industry. It can perform an impressive 10 staples (or more) per second. This is more than enough for any heavy-duty sheathing stapling. We cannot think of any situation where this kind of speed is not sufficient. This quality pneumatic staple gun comes with the quality associated with Bostitch products and has many practical features users will come to appreciate.
- Rapid fire mode can shoot at least 10 staples per second
- Non-marring tip protects the material surface
- Open nose design for quick and easy clearing of jams
- Only 4.2 lbs. Less lightweight than the model by Hitachi above but still good enough
- Generous 7/16 to 2 inches staple length making it excellent for sheathing, roofing, and vinyl siding
- Skewed ergonomic form factor helps in limiting hand fatigue
- This model accepts ONLY Bostitch BCS1200 series staples and spot nails 7600 staples. It will NOT take any other type of staples.
If you can live with the fact that this unit is only compatible with Bostitch’s staples, then this is possibly the best pneumatic staple gun for sheathing. It has many subtle features and feels great in hand. Users will have no problem using this unit for long hours.
#3. Porter-Cable NS150C 1-1/2-Inch 18GA Narrow Crown Stapler Kit
Editor's Rating: (4.3 / 5)
The Porter-Cable NS150C is a beginner friendly pneumatic nailer that has an excellent balance between price and performance. It accepts 18 gauge staples with 1/4-inch crown and 1/2 - 1.5 inches in length. The heavy gauge and 1/4 inch makes it a good general purpose pneumatic stapler that can be used for a wide variety of stapling tasks - from sheathing to wood siding.
- Great handling comfort thanks to the rubber grips
- Great for trim jobs
- Magnesium casing for a strong and yet lightweight form factor
- Non-marring tips
- Reload indicator visible at all times
- Delivered with accessories such as 1/4 inch fitting, staples and carry case
- Split nose allows easy removal of jammed staples
- The small crown and an 18 gauge is an odd mix. This is not a pneumatic stapler recommended for stapling hard material.
- The build quality is not the best, despite the magnesium casing. Looks cheap.
If you require a general purpose woodworking pneumatic nailer that is performing, versatile and yet comes at an affordable price, this unit is for you. Porter-Cable is well-known in the industry, and this stapler definitely lives up to their name. Just don’t expect too much out of it.
#4. Hitachi N3804AB3 1/4 inch 18-GA Pneumatic Staple Gun
Editor's Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Of all the pneumatic staplers reviewed so far, the N3804AB3 has to be our favorite. It touches the sweet spot between price to performance and has many features that will come in handy on the job. This model shoots 18 gauge staples of 1/2 - 1/5 inch with a decent speed. It is definitely not a heavy-duty pneumatic stapler, but it gets the job done just fine.
- Good quality construction
- Small 1/4 inch crown staples ideal for trim jobs.
- Ergonomic form factor with soft elastomer grip at the handle. Comfortable to hold.
- Depth adjustment allows you to adapt to the material you are working on.
- Jam clearing open nose design
- Non-mar tips
- Rock-solid 5-year warranty
Considering the price this model is offered and what it can do, we have little to nothing bad to say about it. It performs exceptionally well for trim jobs or other light woodworking stapling. The crown size of 1/4 inch is too small for heavy-duty work, but it was not designed to be one. Highly Recommended for DIY jobs!
#5. DeWalt DWFP12232 18-GA 1-1/2-Inch Narrow Crown Pneumatic Stapler Kit
Editor's Rating: (4.2 / 5)
This model from Dewalt seems to be a copycat concerning features compared to the Hitachi N3804AB3 (or even Porter-Cable) reviewed above. It has the typical Dewalt color scheme with an even shorter magazine. It is intended for light users who work almost exclusively with thin and soft material due to its average penetration force. It can easily drive 18 gauge 1/4 inch crown staples into plywood or other similar density material.
- Good build quality
- Works with 1/4 narrow crown staples of 1/2 - 1.5 inches length
- Ideal for woodworking and plywood siding
- Spring loaded trigger mechanism makes it easy and comfortable to shoot.
- Magnesium body for durability and low weight
- Ergonomic with elastomer grip
- The magazine capacity is small.
- More expensive than other staplers with similar features.
If you are a die hard Dewalt fan and require a general purpose pneumatic stapler for trimming or siding, this is a good model to consider. Other than that, the Hitachi N3804AB3 or even the Porter-Cable NS150C is a better choice because of they are lower priced with similar features (or almost). The smaller magazine capacity in this unit also makes it lose a few points - but by not much.
This pneumatic staple gun review comes to an end. As a rule of thumb, the choice for an air staple gun should always depend on your need. You do not have to go out there and buy the most powerful pneumatic stapler to get the job done. You need one that is appropriate for the stapling you have at hand.
If you have not found the best pneumatic stapler just yet, go through this air stapler review one more time. Look at the features versus the benefits that it will bring you and chances are you might have missed a jewel.