Makita 5007F Circular Saw Review
The Makita 5007F is a relatively affordable professional-grade circular saw found in many workshops around the country. This is a circular saw that has a very interesting set of features, but above all, it has exceptional performance. The reason this circular saw is so popular is because it has an excellent price to performance ratio. Few models can compete with regards to its power and ease-of-use. To help you with your research on this Makita product, we have made an in-depth and no fluff review of the Makita 5007F. Hopefully, this review will show you if this circular saw is worth the money or not.
Table of Contents
Makita 5007F Circular Saw Review
#1. Technical Features
Power & Speed
Power is at the heart of the Makita 5007F. This is a fairly small and yet performing circular saw that sports a very powerful 15 Amps inductive motor. With this kind of motor, the blades are supplied with a constant flow of torque that will not choke or stall on anything. Indeed, this is one of those circular saws that can be used to cut any type of material, whether it is ceramic tiles, metal pipes or wood with the same ease.
Additionally, the powerful 15 Amps allows the blades to spin at an impressive 5,800 RPM. This is a very high speed for a circular saw and it will always deliver a very smooth and professional card. You will need little sanding after work on any material you cut with the Makita 5007F. The only caveat with have with this circular saw is the lack of a variable speed control. Indeed, the no-load speed of 5,800 RPM is linear and cannot be changed. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as this model requires fewer adjustments and simply gets the job done quickly and easily.
There's a lot of versatility in the cutting capacity of the Makita 5007F. Not only can this model get very straight lines easily, but it can also be used for making bevel cuts of 90 degrees and 45 degrees very quickly. At the popular perpendicular angle of 90 degrees, this circular saw has a large depth cutting capacity of 2-3/8 inches. Additionally, with the equally popular miter angle of 45 degrees, it has a cutting capacity of 1-3/4 inches. With those values, we can see that the 5007 is very versatile when used for making angular cuts.
Further, making those bevel adjustments is very easy with the depth adjustment system. The blades lift or come down on the baseplate in a matter of seconds and all that is required is pushing a lever.
Anyone who has worked with a circular saw before knows just how important a dust extraction system is. Luckily, the Makita 5007F has an inbuilt dust blower that sends a constant flow of air to the cut area. This helps the cut area remain clean, providing you with greater visibility, hence accuracy when doing straight or bevel cuts when using this Makita circular saw.
Another factor that usually impacts a circular saw is the blade quality. This circular saw is delivered with a 40-tooth carbide-tipped blade of 7-1/4 inches in diameter, allowing you to cut through wood like butter. Indeed, when you factor in the 15 Amps motor and this high-quality blade, the sky is the limit with the Makita 5007F. It delivers an exceptionally smooth cutting experience.
- Baseplate: The base plate in the circular saw is made of a heavy duty aluminum that is very flat, durable and long-lasting. It is a high-quality base plate that has been machine engineered to get the smoothest and flattest surface possible. Consequently, the base plate provides a lot of stability. In turn, this allows you to be more accurate and more productive when cutting wood using this power tool.
- LED Lights: To help you work in a dimly lit area, this model is equipped with not one, but two LED lights that brightly illuminates your cut area. Of course, you can easily switch it on or off to your choosing.
- Blade Guards: There is both an upper and lower blade guard in this model for more security. The upper blade guard protects your hand when making straight cuts while the lower blade guard provides security when doing bevel cuts.
There are two Makita 5007F variants you can buy. The first one is the circular saw only, and the second one is a combo kit that comes with 10 blades of every kind. If you go with the base version, you do not get a lot of accessories out of the box. You are only provided with an extra 7-1/4 inches blade and that is about it. We do not expect to get a lot of accessories when purchasing circular saws online, as most reputable circular saw manufacturers of other brands do not ship extra accessories. However, note that circular saw blades are not very expensive and available in all hardware stores.
The price is the most interesting part of the Makita 5007F. It is very competitively priced and taking into account the performance of this circular saw, we think that it is extremely well priced. Of course, there are better products like the DeWalt DWE575SB circular saw. But, it costs significantly more than the Makita 5007F with almost no performance difference.
- Powerful 15 Amps motor can cut through anything with ease. Provides a no load speed of 5,800 RPM to the blades that produce a clean and professional cut
- 2 built-in LED provide a clear work area
- Baseplate is very flat and stable. Can be used for many accurate and sensitive cuts
- Dust blower helps keep the cut line clean of dust and debris
- Lack of a variable speed control
- No electric brake
- Not delivered
Who Should Buy?
We recommend the Makita 5007F to anyone looking for an affordable circular saw that does not sacrifice performance. If you only use your circular saw to cut through the same type of material over and over again, like wood, then the lack of a variable speed control will not make much difference to your cutting experience. It will deliver a clean, straight and accurate cut as long as it is used with the appropriate blade for the job.
Last Updated on August 15, 2020 by Tom Bradly